DevOps EngineerLocation: Huntsville, AL
Location: Huntsville, AL, US
HE has an immediate need for a DevOps Engineer to support the to support the U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Research, Development, and Engineering Center (AMRDEC) located on Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for delivering end-to-end solutions from conception through completed solution in the area of automated build and deployment. This position will require working collaboratively with software engineers to deploy and operate multiplatform systems; help automate, optimize, and improve the continuous integration and delivery processes; build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations; and troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test, and production environments.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Build and manage a highly reliable Development and Test Environment used by several teams
- Develop software and scripts to support Automated Builds, Automated Testing, Continuous Integration, and Deployment
- Develop innovative solutions for Tool interoperability and process improvements
- Evaluate, integrate, and automate tools used for scanning and reporting cyber-security, code quality, and publishing metrics
- Configure and Manage Build Servers and Virtual Machines, Archiving, Version Control, etc.
- Design and build automated code deployment systems that simplify development work for consistent and predictable results.
- Automate repetitive tasks using a combination of Jenkins, scripts, and other tools
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET Security Clearance.
- Experience with Docker is a bonus
- Python, C++, Java, Compilers, IDEs (Visual Studio, Eclipse)
- Jenkins, SVN, GIT
- Unit-test and simulation frameworks
- Familiarity with systems configuration and administration for Windows and Linux servers and hyper-visors
- Network architecture and administration skills a plus
- Experience with scripting Languages: Python, Groovy, Perl, PowerShell, Ruby
- Familiarity with Programming Languages: Java, C++, C#
- Experience with Operating Systems: VxWorks, Windows, Windows Server 2012
- Experience administering application servers, web servers, and databases Technical / Tool
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- Experience (6+ years) may be used in lieu of degree.
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) provider of management, training, technology, engineering, and leadership support services. Our mission is to help organizations achieve the results they seek by operating at peak efficiency. Supported by a strong
background in Program Management, our expert teams have a highly successful track record of quickly responding to client critical requests and consistently exceeding expectations.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.