Embedded Software DeveloperLocation: Huntsville, Alabama
Embedded Software Developer
HigherEchelon, Inc. has an immediate need for an Embedded Software Developer to support the AMRDEC Software Engineering Directorate (SED) System Development Group. The candidate will be responsible for developing C/C++ applications, managing software requirements, and developing embedded software solutions. The applicant must be able to review system and subsystem specifications and interface documentation for completeness, accuracy, and applicability. The candidate will support and participate in system/subsystem design, trade-off and performance studies and analyses; interpret and analyze requirements obtained/derived from the customer; review, verify and/or validate system specifications and other design-related documentation; and software design review, technical interchange and management control meetings, and configuration control boards. Additionally, the candidate may assist with Linux Server/Workstation administration tasks under the direction of senior leadership.
- Knowledge of object-oriented software design and development practices
- Knowledge of developing software for embedded systems
- Knowledge of software development process, documentation, and SMMI Linux OS experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Secret security clearance
- Experience with C++ on an embedded Wind River Linux OS
- Experience writing in Perl or Bash shell scripts
- Knowledge of defense systems and communication protocols: MIL-STD-1553, MIL-STD-6017, MIL-STD-47001
- Experience using CORBA
- Familiarity with U-Boot, boot loader, and low-level device configurations
- Experience with low-level hardware/software interface design and coding
- TCP/IP/UDP experience
- Combat Net Radio interface (ARC201, ARC231) experience
- At least one Linux Certification (Linux+, LPIC, RHCSA, RHCE, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of software installation and operations on a Linux OS
- Travel is less than 10% annually
- Bachelor's in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field and 2+ years of experience
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) provider of management, training, technology, engineering, and leadership support services. Our mission is to help organizations achieve the results they seek by operating at peak efficiency. Supported by a strong background in Program Management, our expert teams have a highly successful track record of quickly responding to client critical requests and consistently exceeding expectations.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.