Android Software EngineerLocation: Huntsville, AL
Android Software Engineer
Location: Huntsville, AL, US
HE has an immediate opening for an Android Software Engineer to support the U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Research, Development, and Engineering Center (AMRDEC). The candidate will be a member of a highly motivated team responsible for the designing and implementing mobile interface solutions for the U.S. Army Fires, Aviation, and Maneuvers communities.
- Collaborates with architect and senior software engineers in ensuring quality products.
- Develops in an Agile development environment on multiple operating systems (e.g., Linux and Windows) and in multiple programming languages (e.g., Java, C++, Java).
- Must be versatile in Linux/Windows build environments, Android Development Tools, and other O/S command line tools.
- Experience with Android O/S, Java, Android Lifecycle concepts, and Android SDK APIs.
- Able to build Android APKs using the Android SDK.
- Must be able to utilize Tortoise SVN / Subversion or Git configuration management tools.
- Must understand object-oriented concepts, C++ templates, and complex data structures.
- Android experience with C++ Android NDK.
- Knowledge of Android kernel development.
- Proficient in Java and Spring tool suite
- Proficient using Eclipse and NetBeans IDE
- Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- Experience (6+ years) may be used in lieu of degree.
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) provider of management, training, technology, engineering, and leadership support services. Our mission is to help organizations achieve the results they seek by operating at peak efficiency. Supported by a strong background in Program Management, our expert teams have a highly successful track record of quickly responding to client critical requests and consistently exceeding expectations.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.