Electrical EngineerLocation: Huntsville, AL
Location: Huntsville, AL
HigherEchelon is seeking a highly motivated Electrical Engineer to support hardware and software development solutions for AMRDEC’s S3I Weapon Support group located at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL. Activities will include the development of special purpose electronic assemblies.
Responsibilities and Requirements
· Design automatic test equipment for testing tactical military hardware electronic LRUs (Line Replaceable Units)
· Perform circuit design, analysis, simulation, and component selection according to electrical/electronic hardware requirements
· Perform initial checkout and debug of prototype printed circuit board (PCB) assemblies.
· Apply knowledge and practical experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Embedded microcontroller hardware/firmware design and development
o FPGA firmware design and development
o Analog & Digital electronic design
o Use of COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) data acquisition systems
o Signal Conditioning
o Switch mode power supply specification/design
· Support generation of documentation for a Technical Data Package (TDP) associated with the design, development, unit test, and integration of hardware/firmware components.
Education and Experience
· BS in Electrical /Computer Engineering
· Five or more years of relevant experience
· MS in Electrical / Computer Engineering
· PXI, LXI, cRIO & GPIB Instrumentation
· Windows & Embedded Real-Time Operating Systems
· Test Plan & Test Procedure Development
· Technical Writing
· LabVIEW Development
· System requirements management using Doors
· Schematic capture using Altium Designer
· Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint and Visio)
Must have or be able to obtain a SECRET clearance prior to first day of employment. Current SECRET clearance preferred.
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) provider of management, training, technology, engineering, and leadership support services. Our mission is to help organizations achieve the results they seek by operating at peak efficiency. Supported by a strong
background in Program Management, our expert teams have a highly successful track record of quickly responding to client critical requests and consistently exceeding expectations.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.