Software Test and Simulation EngineerLocation: Huntsville, AL
Software Test and Simulation Engineer
Location: Huntsville, AL, US
HE has a need for a Software Test and Simulation Engineer for the U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Research, Development, and Engineering Center (AMRDEC). The Software Test and Simulation Engineer is responsible for testing systems and implementing simulation modules that model and mimic a wide variety of weapons and sensors. Weapons and sensors include but are not limited to radar, RF detectors, acoustic sensors and automated kinetic weapon systems.
Major Duties / Responsibilities
- Design and create simulation modules that will support software development and test tasks.
- Perform software development tasks, including software requirements definition, software design, code, unit test and integration testing.
- Perform test plan, procedure, and description development and execution
- Support Agile Scrum development process
- Debug, isolate and repair defects
- Effectively communicate about technical issues with team and leadership.
- Experience in an Object-Oriented Programming language such as Java or C#
- Experience modeling sensor systems and/or message stimulators
- Experience producing software and system test engineering products
- Experience working in a DoD Agile Development environment
- Previous experience in Command and Control or System of System DoD projects
- Experience implementing transportation layer sync and async capabilities
- Experience encoding and decoding both binary and human-readable messages
- Experience utilizing ZeroMQ
- Experience in Android UI development
- Basic understanding of physics relating to radio, radar, acoustics, electro-optical infrared and laser systems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- Experience (6+ years) may be used in lieu of degree.
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) provider of management, training, technology, engineering, and leadership support services. Our mission is to help organizations achieve the results they seek by operating at peak efficiency. Supported by a strong background in Program Management, our expert teams have a highly successful track record of quickly responding to client critical requests and consistently exceeding expectations.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.