Training and Game Development EngineerLocation: Huntsville, AL
Training and Game Development Engineer
Location: Huntsville, AL
In this position, you will become a member of a training development team primarily focused on developing serious games for a diverse audience. We use the phrase “serious games” to describe a variety of applications which use gaming technologies or mechanics for a purpose other than strictly entertainment. You will be a key member of an agile scrum development team working closely with fellow programmers, game designers, instructional designers, and artists on the implementation of new features for new and existing applications and games for training, simulation and education.
- Interact with team members, customers, and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop products for military and commercial clients utilizing the Unity 5 or Unreal 3 or 4 engines.
- Contribute creatively to the game/course design process, from prototype to completion and sustainment.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers.
- Write efficient code with descriptive comments and maintain attention to detail.
- Take ownership of his/her work as a highly motivated self-starter.
- Possess a demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload, manage time efficiently, and work in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience with and proficiency in game development using Unity 5 (C#) and/or Unreal Engine (C++)
- Demonstrated experience with iOS, Android, and/or Windows Mobile development is desired.
- Experience with the life cycle of design and programming of training content from concept through project completion is desired
- Experience with version control software (specifically Perforce) is desired
- Experience with 3D modeling and texturing for gaming is desired.
- A portfolio with examples of game or eLearning programming is preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- Experience (6+ years) may be used in lieu of degree.
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) provider of management, training, technology, engineering, and leadership support services. Our mission is to help organizations achieve the results they seek by operating at peak efficiency. Supported by a strong background in Program Management, our expert teams have a highly successful track record of quickly responding to client critical requests and consistently exceeding expectations.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.