Technical WriterLocation: Huntsville, Alabama
Location: Huntsville, AL
HigherEchelon is seeking a highly motivated technical writer to support the Software Engineering Directorate in the continuation, sustainment and development of a government training device.
Responsibilities and Requirements
· Develop, standardize and maintain technical documentation
· Develop documentation for software products to include a Software User’s Manual and an Operations and Maintenance Manual
· Technical documentation will include both formal and informal deliveries
· Acquire technical information from subject matter experts, system and software engineers
· Produce technical documents in support of the projects
· Produce training support package materials including Instructor and Key personnel Training,
· Produce PowerPoint presentations and meeting minutes
· Follow established processes and work with quality assurance, configuration management, and test and evaluation personnel to ensure that the technical documentation is accurate and complete
· Participate in peer reviews
· Provide proofreading, editorial, and writing support on all material produced by the team
· Provide support for maintaining project schedules
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/ university or 6 years of related experience is required.
· Must be highly proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products
· Highly proficient with Adobe Pro
· Experience with THAAD or BMDS system architectures
· Experience with project scheduling
· Experience with MS Project
Clearance Requirement: Must possess an active secret clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) provider of management, training, technology, engineering, and leadership support services. Our mission is to help organizations achieve the results they seek by operating at peak efficiency. Supported by a strong
background in Program Management, our expert teams have a highly successful track record of quickly responding to client critical requests and consistently exceeding expectations.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.