Indicium Field Support EngineerLocation: Huntsville, Alabama
Indicium Field Support Engineer
Location: Huntsville, AL
Seeking a highly motivated Indicium Field Support Engineer to support the Indicium Product Office for the Software Engineer Directorate.
The chosen candidate will represent and operate NSITE (Network, System Integration and Test Environment) software, TRICS software, and OPDASH (Operations Dashboard) software. Software support typically involves Missile Defense Agency test execution activities (Flight Tests, Ground Tests and Wargames/Exercises). The candidate should also be able to perform hardware integration and maintenance, have a basic understanding of computer networking, and a general understanding of computer hardware troubleshooting. The candidate will also be responsible for conducting validating configuration management documentation in support of information assurance certification and accreditation activities. The candidate should be a self-starter and be able operate with minimal supervision. The candidate will support from the Software Engineering Directorate (SED), Redstone Arsenal.
· Operate NSITE, TRICS and OPDASH software based on event support requirements (may require travel)
· Support NSITE, TRICS and OPDASH Software field testing and reporting
· Coordinate and interact with site personnel to perform hardware integration
· Maintain configuration management documentation (Microsoft Visio) and verify system configurations
· Identify system engineering requirements from customer goals and objectives
Candidate must have the following skills:
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Strong interpersonal skills and reporting practices
· Basic Information Technology (IT) principles and troubleshooting experience
· Experience with Internet Protocol (IP) networks and Cisco networking equipment
· Ability to deploy for CONUS and OCONUS support (on average 10 – 25% per year)
· Security+ and either a Microsoft OS or Cisco certification
Preferred candidates will have the additional skills below:
· Current A+ and/or Network+ Certifications
· Understanding of Network, System Integration and Test Environment (NSITE) software
· UHF Tactical Radio operation experience
· Functional understanding of tactical interoperability equipment to include Air Defense Systems Integrator (ADSI), Link Monitoring and Management Tool (LMMT), Joint Range Extension (JRE) or like systems
· Familiarity with the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) test planning and procedures
· Familiarity with Missile Defense Agency interoperability message sets (such as VMF, B-Series, XML)
· Understanding of common tactical data link (TADIL) messages and message interactions
· Familiarity with Tactical RoIP Inter-Communications System (TRICS) and WAVE software
· Familiarity with WireShark and/or OmniPeek software
· Familiarity with HBSS components and general information assurance practices
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in information technology or equivalent experience
Candidate must have active Secret Clearance
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) provider of management, training, technology, engineering, and leadership support services. Our mission is to help organizations achieve the results they seek by operating at peak efficiency. Supported by a strong
background in Program Management, our expert teams have a highly successful track record of quickly responding to client critical requests and consistently exceeding expectations.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.