Director of Government SalesLocation: Huntsville, AL or, Washington D.C.
Director of Government Sales
Location: Huntsville, AL or Washington DC
As a representative of HigherEchelon, the Director of Government Sales will develop and maintain sound business relationships with government and prime contractor customers in order to secure initial contracts and maintain long-term relationships in business areas consistent with the core competencies and strategic vision of the Company. This position will support daily communications with executive leadership of customer opportunities, needs, and problems; develop mid-long-range strategies, market analysis, and line of business plans that leverage Company capabilities to service a growing user base for our services; maintain timely activity reports and records consistent with Company procedures and interface with and provide support to the ongoing program operations. This position will work with the company resources such as contracts officers, other group BD managers, and executive personnel throughout the process. The position will at times be responsible for product and service delivery to achieve customer success, personnel management, team development, and business capture for all assigned markets. The successful candidate will report to the COO-Partner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Locates or proposes business opportunities by contacting potential partners and customers as well as through research.
· Develops effective and executable sales and capture management plans for review by management and company leadership for the implementation.
· Forms or maintains relationships with key customers within assigned area(s) and performs ongoing assessments of customer requirements, market trends, and strategies that align the customer's needs/opportunities with HigherEchelon capabilities and discriminators.
· Develops, coordinates and executes plans to win new work from existing contracts.
· Tracks pipeline using Salesforce.com.
· Develops and executes detailed “win” strategy/capture plans to include customer call plans and teaming.
· Employs effective business development processes to find, evaluate, rank and market new business prospects leading to intelligent bid/no bid decisions.
· Continuously improves industry knowledge by participating in market events; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Collaborates with senior proposal and capture team to respond to Sources Sought, RFI’s, RFQ’s and RFP’s.
· Provides status updates and feedback on projects both in a structured format such as meetings, status calls, and reports (PPT, Word, Excel), and also in an ad hoc, informal style.
· Actively supports development and improvement of effective HigherEchelon business capture and business development processes.
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s in business or Engineering preferred.
· Must have at least 10 years government contracting experience with five years of direct government contracting PM or Sales/BD experience.
· Must bring existing relationships for key customers and teaming partners to support DOD and Federal Civilian Agency business.
· Must have good analytical skills and be able to work several projects simultaneously.
· Must be flexible and can effectively adapt to changing situations with minimal supervision.
· Sales process training or certification is preferred.
· Certificate in Project management training is highly desired.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET Security Clearance.
· Must be willing to conduct business-related travel within the Continental United States. Potential for Travel is 40%.
About HigherEchelon, Inc.
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) provider of management, training, technology, engineering, and leadership support services. Our mission is to help organizations achieve the results they seek by operating at peak efficiency. Supported by a strong
background in Program Management, our expert teams have a highly successful track record of quickly responding to client critical requests and consistently exceeding expectations.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.