Deputy Project MangaerLocation: Washington, D.C.
Seeking a highly motivated Deputy Project Manager (DPM) who will work in close collaboration with the overall Project Manager and stakeholders from a large government agency to provide program management support to ensure identified tasks are performed efficiently, accurately, on time, and in compliance with the contract requirements. The Deputy Program Manager (DPM) will assist in providing strategic planning of future capabilities and operations, PeopleSoft Implementation and Governance/Portfolio Management initiatives.
· Provide monthly status reports
· Participate in a bi-weekly project management review meeting
· Conduct a semi-annual review and recommendation of improvements for the existing Portfolio Management Framework.
· Conduct Change Control Board (CCB) Working Group and Executive Council Sessions.
· Review and update HR document templates.
· Provide Recommendations to Risk and Issues Tracker.
· Create Risk and Issues SOP.
· Conduct individual project assessments (one per month).
· Provide maintenance of a project roadmap for new capabilities and initiatives enterprise-wide as needed (monthly support).
· Oversee business process reengineering (BPR) reviews to include drafting a plan, workflow maps, and standard operations procedures (SOP) based on Government identified processes. Develop “As-Is” and “To-Be” process mapping to improve business processes and create business value across the portfolio.
· Conduct BPRs for up to 12 HR solutions.
· Design and implement surveys that shall be used to document customer satisfaction and feedback.
· Other tasks and responsibilities as needed.
· Bachelor’s Degree with 15 years experience or Masters Degree with 10 years related experience
· 3 years of managerial experience.
· Proven ability to provide IT portfolio management best practices including Governance and Enterprise Architecture
· Experience managing government project objectives, deliverables, schedules and resources to achieve optimal delivery of current or proposed projects.
· Experience leading and managing multiple teams and clients
· Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated ability to apply the appropriate U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) classification standard to existing or proposed position descriptions
· Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
· 3 years of IT Project Management experience
· Proficiency in MS Project, business process management, MS Excel and customer service
· Must possess or be able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance
· Must be a United States Citizen
About HigherEchelon, Inc
HigherEchelon, Inc. (HE) is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) provider of management, training, technology, engineering, and leadership support services. Our mission is to help organizations achieve the results they seek by operating at peak efficiency. Supported by a strong
background in Program Management, our expert teams have a highly successful track record of quickly responding to client critical requests and consistently exceeding expectations.
HigherEchelon, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. HigherEchelon, Inc. participates in E-Verify.